One of the oldest and largest law school–based human rights programs, the Leitner Center for International Law and Justice at Fordham Law School (Leitner Center) provides education and training to law students, facilitates capacity building and advocacy with activists and grassroots groups around the world, and contributes to critical research among scholars in international human rights.
Efforts to advance corporate social responsibility are vital to the Leitner Center’s mission to promote social justice around the world. From to the treatment of workers, to the impact of products and services, to privacy concerns, to the use of natural resources, to the disposal of waste products, to bribery and corruption, to corporate relationships with communities and government, almost every aspect of corporate activity impacts human rights and the environment. Through education, research, project work and speaker events, the Corporate Social Responsibility Program (CSR Program) examines the challenges and opportunities present for companies and stakeholders as they strive to improve their social and environmental footprint and develop sustainable business practices. The CSR Program is one of the first of its kind at US law schools and provides a unique learning opportunity for students at Fordham and the wider legal and business communities.
- Conducts research and advocacy for the Program;
- Works with the program’s corporate and civil society partners;
- Advises students seeking relevant internships and post-graduate employment;
- Provides education in the field of corporate social responsibility, which may include teaching a course as an adjunct faculty member;
- Leads student projects; and
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the Program, including the arrangements of events.
- Holds a J.D. or equivalent;
- Ability to teach as an adjunct professor;
- Has a demonstrated interest in corporate social responsibility;
- Has at least one year of experience in international human rights and CSR advocacy as exhibited by past internships, clinical experience in law school, and/or post-graduate experience; and
- An understanding of business operations is desirable.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. This is a part-time non-benefited position, and the Fellow will be paid for 19 hours a week
START DATE: ASAP
Applicants should send a statement of interest (including detailed description of international human rights or relevant CSR experience, teaching/mentoring/advising experience, language skills, and how the fellowship will advance professional goals), a résumé/CV, a law school transcript (scans are acceptable), and at least two letters of recommendation in one complete application package to LeitnerCenter@law.fordham.edu.
Letters of recommendation may be emailed or mailed separately to:
Re: Corporate Social Responsibility Fellow
Corporate Social Responsibility Program
Leitner Center for International Law and Justice Fordham University School of Law
150 W. 62nd Street, Room 7-134
New York, NY 10023